Sunday, August 26, 2012

Down on the Bayou


This week's blog I go on a journey through my favorite land,"New Orleans". I decided to get a few photo's of "The Mansion" before Jack Skellington takes it over. The little rascal will have this infamous structure covered in skulls, pumpkins, candles and cob webs 3 weeks from now.
Yes, the holidays are once again upon us. Get ready for 4 months of Halloween,Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year bliss.  
 

A photo showing the ghost horse pulling the hearse. I love this. 
 

This photo was taken 4 years ago on a cloudy rainy day. The Mansion looks so eerie and quite. "Welcome foolish mortals to the Haunted Mansion". 
 
 
A classic shot of the front of "The Mansion". I just love the roman columns."The Mansion" opened in 1969 the year I was born. It's kinda fun to have a Disneyland attraction the same age as you are.


I took this photo just before sunrise. Ooooo spooky. I like this lighting effect on the mansion it makes it look kinda creepy.
 

My favorite fastpass area. I like all the statues.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I just love the planet material in and around the fountain. It fits the theme perfectly.
 
 
The majestic Quercus agrifolia (Coast Live Oak) in front of the French Market. This tree is one of my favorites. It is a fine specimen and has great beauty. When I am a guest I love to sit under this tree and eat a bucket of popcorn.
 
 
Another favorite photo spot.Can't wait until it's decorated for Christmas. 
 
 
Last year's Christmas decorations. These masks are way cool. Such detail. They must of taken hours and hours to put together.







 
 





The Mansion from the train station. This is one of those are you at Disneyland shots? I like taking pictures of areas at Disneyland that look like they could of been taken anywhere. This is the magic that's Disneyland to feel like you have been transported somewhere else.



 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment